Thermal Cycler Alpha Cycler 4
- The Alpha Cycler 4 (AC-4) is the only true fully independently controllable multi-block thermal cycler available today. The system can be specified in any combination of 96 and 384 well
- formats across its four bays. Alpha Cycler software allows the user to quickly access their most commonly used protocols without the need to navigate through folders to find it, individual user logins; with protected protocols as-well-as allowing users’ access to temperature logs after each run to monitor the state of the system.
- Scalable - Chose from any combination of 96 or 384 well blocks
- Compact - Save precious labspace by condensing four truly independent blocks into one chassis with no networking issues or connectivity concerns
- Active Sample cooling - For sharper amplification and minimal non-specific amplification
- Program Wizard - Generate a protocol specific to your sequence, template source and amplicon length in seconds
- Gradient - Allowing for simplified temperature optimisation, no matter the block chosen
- Report generated on run conditions and state following completion of protocol
- USB connectivity - To retrieve system information and easily transfer protocols between systems
- Android driven 10” tablet interface - Quad core speed and excellent connectivity and feel
+ The Alpha Cycler interface is Android based and runs though a large 7” (AC-1) or 10” (AC-4) HD touchscreen for responsive control of the software. Providing a familiar premium experience on all instruments in the range. Whether you process a few samples a week or require multi-block instrumentation for high throughput, the interface offers the same look and feel no matter the task.
- The Alpha Cycler systems also contain a novel Program wizard which allows users to define a protocol based specifically off their primer sequence and template source. Primer sequences or Tms are inputted, amplicon length and source defined and the on board algorithm generates an optimised protocol for your assay.
- Let the Alpha Cyclers Program wizard optimise your reaction for you.
- Simply input the forward and reverse primer sequences, define the amplicon length and source of the template and the built in and validated algorithms will define a bespoke protocol for your target.
- Program Wizard is an excellent way to transition over to the Alpha Cycler range and a quick way to optimise your new assays.
- Program wizard even allows for high specificity touch down PCR and will accommodate for GC/AT imbalances in your target sequence to get optimal Tms and hold times
- Further monitoring/reports
+ Temperature logs of every run
+ Completion status
+ Full screen timer to easily check remaining time
- USB connectivity
+ Both Alpha Cyclers can retain approximately 1000 reports for reviewing at a later date. Alternatively the unit has USB ports for connection to flash drive or PC, so the files can be more permanently stored as a long term record. The USB can also be used to store and transport protocols between systems.
- Gradient Technology
+ All Alpha Cycler block formats, 96 or 384 well, run gradients across the 12 or 16 columns respectively. Allowing for a much finer optimization of your temperatures and by extension more specific PCR product amplification. Each block also contains 6 individual heat sources (peltier elements which are monitored and controlled by the system for improved accuracy of gradient and fixed hold temperatures.
+ With the Alpha cycles gradient converter you can in one click adjust the gradient step to the specific temperature of the column that gave the best results: no need to re-write the protocol just convert the gradient to the optimized temperature.
- Active Sample Cooling:
+ Active Sample Cooling (ASC) is an approach which the Alpha Cycler takes to reduce non-specific amplification in your PCR reactions.Active sample cooling can all but stop the formation of primer dimers early in cycling. When even a very small number of primer dimers occur early in a reaction these will often be preferentially amplified over your target as PCR will preferentially amplify these shorter fragments over the longer target amplicon, wasting components needed to generate your target hereby reducing your yields.
+ ASC works by simply chilling the block to 4 degrees and holding it there until the heated lid gets to temperature. Other systems often allow the heated lid to pollute your samples with heat allowing the primer dimers to form early in cycling and these can amplify through the remaining cycles giving the characteristic fuzzy bands at the bottom of your gel