- PCRmax’s NEW Lambda is the only 3 in 1 spectrophotometer on the market. Not only does it offer the user the ability to measure micro-volumes but also has all the life science measurement modes the Lambda can be used with a wide range of accessories. It is the only spectrophotometer on the market that combines accurate micro-volume technology into a fully functional life science spectrophotometer. The perfect fit into any laboratory, you choose how best to measure your sample, the Lambda will respond.
- 3 in 1 spectrophotometer
- Ideal for DNA, RNA and Protein measurements
- Only 0.5µl sample volume required
- Quick and easy to clean
- Detects DNA concentrations as low as 2ng/µl
- Method and result saving to USB memory stick
- 2 year warranty including Xenon lamp
- Standard: With measurement modes for photometrics, concentration, multi-wavelength, spectrum scanning, quantitation and kinetics.
- Life Science: Additional measurement modes for the measurement of nucleic acid purity, protein assays, nucleic acid concentration and optical density of cell cultures add to the flexibility of the Lambda.
- Micro-volume: Making measurements easier, quicker and less strenuous.
- Micro-volume spectroscopy: Using micro-volumes in spectroscopy has many advantages firstly there is less wastage of sample which is especially important when using samples that are not readily available such as DNA samples. Secondly time can be saved which would normally be spent on making sample dilutions, also as cuvettes are not needed, spend on consumables is reduced. The Lambda can be used with sample volumes as low as 0.5µl with applications from accurately determining protein concentrations to measuring the purity of nucleic acids.
- Read Head: Simply pipetting directly onto the read head makes sample measurement, quicker and requires much less effort, eliminating the need for both sample dilutions and cuvettes. The stainless steel read head which consists of a chemically inert embedded quartz lens, utilises the natural surface tension of the droplet to form the bond between the read head surfaces
- Small sample volume: It’s ability to measure small sample volumes from 0.5µl to 5µl means minimal sample loss and no need for dilution. The Lambda can automatically take readings at the optimal path length if the required path length is not known (either 0.2 or 0.5mm). This makes it ideal for nucleic acid researchers where sample availability may be limited; the perfect analysis tool to measure the purity and concentration of biological samples.
- The Lambda takes sample measurements in less than 6.5 seconds. With no need for dilutions and no need to clean cuvettes, results are achieved quickly and effortlessly. The full functionality of the Lambda is available without the need for a PC. With its large instrument display and icon driven software there is no need for language translations or alternative software versions making the interface clear, simple and universally recognisable. The Lambda has an optional printer which fits into the top of the spectrophotometer, again minimising bench space and enabling the instant production of result records.
- To make sample measurement even easier the Lambda has many pre-programmed methods set up and ready to use. It is pre-programmed as a standard spectrophotometer with measurement modes for photometrics, concentration, multi-wavelength, spectrum scanning, quantitation and kinetics. Furthermore, it has the life science measurement modes of the Lambda for the measurement of nucleic acids, and proteins.